I had been busy with my other work assignments. publishing this blog after a long interval. Hope you like it !
It’s important to understand benefits for the business who is planning to migrate to cloud and invest time and money. These are some generic and common benefits after adopting cloud technology using modern application approach:
- Smoother and faster app user experience: Cloud provides faster, highly available app interfaces which improves rich user experience. For example, AWS stores static web pages and images at nearby CDN(Content Delivery Network) servers physically on cloud, which provides faster and smooth application response.
- On demand scaling for infrastructure: Cloud provides on demand compute, memory and storage horizontal/vertical scaling. Organizations/customers should not bother about infra prediction for higher load and they also save money to use only required infrastructure resources.
- No outage for users and clients: Cloud provides high availability, so whenever any app server is down, client load will be diverted to other app server or a new app server will be created. User and client sessions will also be managed automatically using internal load balancers.
- Less operational cost (OPEX): Cloud manages most of the infra management operation automatically or by cloud providers. For example, PAAS (Platform as a service) automates entire platform automation with a smaller number of DevOps resources, which saves a lot operational cost.
- Easy to manage: Cloud providers and PAAS platforms provides very easy and intuitive web, CLI and API based console or interface, which can be easily integrated with the CI/CD tools, IAAC (Infrastructure as a Code) and scripts. They can also be integrated with apps etc.
- Release app features quickly to compete in market: Cloud provides a lot of ready-to use services on cloud, which takes lesser time to build and deploy apps to cloud quickly using microservices agile like development methodologies. It supports container-based orchestration services like Kubernetes, where smaller microservices can be deployed in quick time, which enables organizations to release new feature quickly.
- Increased security: Cloud solutions provider out of the box intrinsic security features at various level of application, network, data and infra level. For example, AWS provides DDOS and OWASP security features with firewall etc.
- Increase developer productivity: Cloud providers various tools and services to improve developer productivity like PAAS, Tanzu Build Service. Spring framework, AWS BeanStalk, GCP, OpenShift developer tools etc.
- Modular Teams: Cloud migration motivates to follow modern applications microservice framework for dev and test teams to work in agile on independent modules or microservices independently.
- Public cloud’s “pay as you go” usage policy: Customer has to pay for pay as you go usage of infra, so that no extra infra resources wasted. These public service providers pricing model saves a lot of cost.
- Easy disaster recovery handling: Cloud deployed on multiple data centers (DCs) or availability zones (AZs) for disaster recovery (DR), so that if any site (DC/AZ) is down then client or application load will be automatically routed to other site using load balancers.
- Business continuity: It provides all necessary processes and tools to manages business continuity (BC) for smooth and resilient business operations. They. Provide faster site recovery in case of disaster and data backup. Cloud also provides enterprise compliances for various industries like HIPAA for health insurance etc.